Always reblog Elle Woods in her “fuck men I’m gonna get a law degree” phase
First time making roasted chick peas and damn, these are tasty. Crunchy, flavorful, and full of iron, fiber and protein! These are an amazing snack-to-go, or can be used in salads and other recipes.
Ingredients: One can of chickpeas, teaspoon of olive oil, roughly a tablespoon of your choice of spices, seriously you can use anything! I used a Indian curry powder I found in the cupboard, but onion/garlic/curry powder are a good place to start! And of course salt and pepper.
1) Preheat your oven to 425
2) Rinse your canned chickpeas in a colander and shake out any excess liquid
3) Place chickpeas on a folded paper towel. Place another piece of paper towel on top and roll them around to remove as much liquid as possible (or they won’t crisp). This is very important! Also pick out any skins remaining on the paper towel and discard.
4) Place dried peas in a bowl, add olive oil (use as sparingly as possible) and spices, then shake to coat. Adjust to your taste preference.
5) Place peas on a baking sheet (use tinfoil on sheet for easier clean up.. I ran out). Make sure they are lying in a single layer. Put them in the oven for 30 minutes, but make sure to flip (move around with a spatula) halfway through!
6) Keep an eye on them! They can burn easily. I taste tested 25 mins in to try crunchiness (mouth of steel).
And voila! Apparently they don’t stay crunchy for long so keep them in an air tight container and eat them fresh if you can! Mine turned out perfectly crispy but I think next time I will add more flavor.
Inbox me if you try them and let me know what you used to season them!